Friday, July 21, 2006

Rowing in Jersey

And another thing... (gee, isn't this a banner blog day)...

I'm rowing again (sculling, to be precise). I only recently realized how close I am to the Nutley H.S. boathouse, otherwise, the home of the Passaic River Rowing Association (http://www.prra.org/). Seriously, this is a dream come true. I haven't been on the water in damn near 15 years, and, here's a place to row right down the way from our new house. Killer!

Plus the Stewart's Root Beer stand is still right across the street. Mad props, shout-out la-la-la to those cats at Stewart's. I haven't been there yet, but I heard their milkshakes are cheap and good... like way less than the $4.50 you'd pay at lame-ass Johnny Rockets or some such place.

Ok.. off to get my ass kicked at bball at the Y.

1 Comments:

Blogger nadleroni said...

okay... so there was a bit of confusion. Becky said that Stewart's has $1.50 milkshakes... truth, but not this Stewart's. Stewart's in Kearny doesn't have milkshakes at all... just rootbeer floats... and they're frickin' $4.00. But they're awfully good. And it was truly good last saturday when it was 95F out there... hotter than a King Snake's tuchus, I'd say it was... course, compared to this week's heat, that was a balmy day, no?

1:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home