Monday, July 02, 2007

The price of IKEA furniture

ok. so maybe I should learn to expect 2 to 3 trips to IKEA to get a functional piece of furniture that doesn't have the cheap veneers coming off of it. Do they have any quality control whatsoever? So, at least with this latest purchase they actually had the piece in stock in all colors/finishes. I was stunned when I heard this from the IKEA terminal drone. I guess it was too good to be true... the reason why they were all stocked up is because the boxes in the warehouse were filled with particle board covered with veneers that were applied with turkey spit. I think I'd rather deal w/the inventory issues.

1 Comments:

Blogger nadleroni said...

Here's a nice tip. If you've run into a wall with IKEA customer service at every turn, ask for the "Duty Manager". Apparently this is the highest ranking manager in the store. Also... if you're looking to check on an item that you've reserved, call up and ask for a "spot check". If you're talking to the Duty Manager, a human being is almost certain to go and look for your item.

4:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home