Friday, July 06, 2007

iPhone iRony 2

Howard G. has a long and winding account of some new-adopters' experiences w/the iPhone. Frankly, I'm an ITP alum as well, and, while I learned a bit about getting devices to do what they're supposed to do (and what they're not supposed to do), I was a little disappointed in the enthusiasm on the ITP list. If I'm not permitted to write software for this computer/phone, I'm not really interested in it until someone writes a compiler for it and/or figures out how to get something going on it.

As far as 'how-many-ITPers-does-it-take-to-activate-an-iPhone' goes, I'm amazed at how well this worked for Apple and Cingular. I mean, imagine getting this integration work done? Who the hell wants to make a deal w/ubergeek Jobs? And, once you do, then what happens? If the $17.50/hr snotty macweenies that man the counter in the retail stores are called 'geniuses', what do they call the ones that show up at the meetings w/the Cingular techs? Applegodswhoeatallothergods? And what were they wearing when they showed up? Black hemp jodhpurs and invisible x-ray spectacles? If it were me, I'd pass on those meetings... just send me your technical brief and I'll email you a response in 3-4 business days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home